Sunday, February 18, 2018

February 11 to February 18

I went to Anytime Fitness on Monday. I had been going to A/F 3 times a week since January 3. Dick showed me the all of the exercise machines that I needed to do to strengthen my upper body for pole vault and sprinting.
I was doing about 13 different stations with varying weights. On Monday I tweaked my pectoral muscles. So I have been recuperating for the past week. I had received and invitation from my friend Dave Lee who is the track coach for Multnomah Bible School if I could come and help at a track meet in Centralia, WA. I said yes and when I arrived at the track I found out that it was an outdoor meet. Oh, no, no rain gear. So I found the nearest Wal-Mart and bought a plastic poncho for $5.00.
It lasted for about 3 hours, just long enough to keep me half dry for the day. It rained and rained and blew and blew all the time during the track meet. I helped at the pole vaulting and the high jumping events.
It was a cold and wet day for the officials and the participants. The wind gusts were 25 to 30 miles and hour. All you runners out there can appreciate running on the windy side of the track and running into the wind but great down the home stretch.
The meet was an open meet which means that anyone can pay the fee and participant in their event. But who in their right mind would want to do that?
Hooray for once I am in my right mind because I was an official and could not participate.
For once I am safe.    

No comments:

Post a Comment