Sunday, March 2, 2014

Recovering from my Henria Surgery


March 2, 2014     Running for 80 and beyond!

I don't run because I have to. I do not run because I must. I do not run for other people.
I run because I can! I run for the sheer enjoyment of being able to run. And I thank God every day for my health and that I can still run :) .

Yesterday, March, 1st I jogged and walked my loop run from home. Jamestown Rd to Wilcox to Woodcock to Serpentine to Jamestown rd to home. One and a half miles. Jogged for about thirty seconds and then walked until I was not breathing hard. It was an easy day! 
The wind was blowing from the Northeast. Which means that cold weather is blowing across Puget Sound out to the Pacific Ocean. And that frigid air is coming down the Frazier Valley and dumping cold weather in the Puget Sound area.
Stocking cap, gloves and long sleeved t-shirt weather again. I usually run in the winter with just shorts and long sleeved t-shirt even when the temperature gets down to about 22 to 25 degrees.
But when the wind starts to blow out come the warm clothes
I having been turning out at the Anytime Fitness Gym in Sequim. I am doing a light work out for now. I will continue to build up some of the muscles that I have not used during the winter months.
I have been walking for two miles on the beach which is just across the road from our house. I take our two Pomerania's with me. I let them off of the leash and they run belter skelter on the beach. 
They seem to never wear out.
I am running my four annual races again this year. The first one is a five mile race called the Tulip Run. This race is part of the Tulip Festival of Mount Vernon Washington. Then the infamous dooms day hill run. AKA  Blooms Day run. This is a 12K run which is 7.46 miles long. The Kenyans run this course in about 36 minutes. I run it in one hour and 18 minutes. I guess that is not too bad for an 81 year old geezer!
Then the third run of my four runs is the Rhody Run in Port Townsend, Washington two weeks after the Blooms Day run. Both of these runs are in May, two weeks apart.
Then I will run the North Olympic Discovery Trail Marathon on June  The NODM is run between Sequim, And Port Angeles Washington. 26.2 miles. The race is on June 1st. 
This all for now!
Finis

No comments:

Post a Comment