Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hello world!
Time to write another report on my life wonderings.
My hernia surgery went as well as expected. I went to the hospital on January 10. My daughter Kim drove me to Port Angeles from Sequim. We were in the  day surgery at 7:00 a.m. I soon had my backless nightshirt on and in bed. One nurse asked me a ton of questions while her cohort began to jab me with a needle to insert the liquids and other acids into my blood vessel.
After much prodding the one with the needle said nonplussed (this is for Philip) I cannot find that blood vein it keeps jumping around when I try to penetrate it. So I will try the other arm. She managed to find one on my right arm and I was all set to go to surgery.
The anesthetist came into the room and reassured me that I would feel no pain. He would take care of me????????
I was then pushed on the gurney into the surgical room. There were  four people in the room. Dr H., the anesthetist, and two nurses. 
My history was read and everything checked OK on the list. 
I woke up in the recovery room and was wheeled into the room where Kim was waiting for me. 
We then left the hospital and we were home by 12:30 p.m.
It has been 3 weeks and 4 days since my surgery. I started walking on January 26. I walked for 1/2 hour each day. About a mile distance 
I will continue to walk about a mile a day until the first on March and then put in a few days of slow jogging.
I am planning on doing the North Olympic Marathon again this year. It is on the first Sunday in June. 
The exciting sports event that has happened in Washington is the Seattle Seahawks winning the Super Bowl. 
GO HAWKS
  




   

No comments:

Post a Comment