Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Another week flying by!
Monday, Oct. was to be a 30 mile run but it did not happen. I ran only 7 miles. I set my alarm for 5:00 am Tuesday morning. I awoke from a wonderful sleep to the jangling of the alarm. Got up dressed, ate breakfast and began my run.
 The night before the 30 mile training I had received a call from Bruce my son to go to his home in Tumwater to help him put a new radiator in his car. I thought when I finished my 30 mile run I would  drive to Tumwater and help him.
It was 41 degrees when I started my run at 5:30 am. The sun rose at about 7:30 am. What a clear and beautiful morning. The eastern sky was lighting up as the son rose and put the stars that I had been watching for two hours to bed. I decided to stop my run and prepare our motorhome for the trip to Tumwater. I Continued walking and jogging as we stopped for Shirley to rest every 30 minutes. She is recovering from a fall in which she sustained a concussion. I think my total for the day was 11 miles. So far my training has been;
      Sept.           153 miles. Longest run  30 miles
      Oct.               52 miles.   11 days.  Need more long distance days!!!
Finis for the week of journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment