Sunday, October 1, 2017

Training for 85 miles on my 85th birthday

I started my training for my 85 mile run in August. My birthday is on November 14. ( that is the date I claim now Kim). I have a history for my birth day. It is either on the 14 or the 15 and I have been claiming the 14 since my 80th one.
I have been keeping a record of my distances and times om my Endomondo file.
I ran my First 30 mile run on sept. 26. My time was 9 hour and 30 minutes. That is a lot ng time but I made it.. 30+ miles!😀😀😀. Kim wrote on her blog that when a person thinks they can go no more there is always 20% more left. That was my word of strength for the  last 8 miles of the 30 miles.!!
My longest run up to this point is 80 miles on my 80th birthday in 2012. And I have been running fairly consistent since then.
I am running for the local food bank in Sequim to raise funds for a building they are purchasing. Giving can be a certain amount for the 85 miles. Whatever one wishes to give.
My running schedule for the week of October 2-8 is:
     Mon.        4 miles.           Tue.        30 miles.          Wed.      10-15 miles.     Thurs.    0
     Fri.         10 miles            Sat.         15 miles.
I will write in my blog again next Sunday.    




1 comment:

  1. Ah, good. I didn’t know if you were starting or wanting to end on your birthday. The last time you started on your birthday then, correct??

    ReplyDelete