Tuesday, August 7, 2012

TUESDAY AUGUST 7, 2012

Still chugging along with my training. This was supposed to be a 58 mile week but I had to reduce the mileage.

Monday  was 16 miles. Tuesday just 2 and then with Wednesday off it was 4 miles on Thursday, 10 on Friday 10 miles and Saturday 6 miles for a total of 38 miles.
I am holding up fairly well physically. I have been having a battle in my mind to put in the miles that I am supposed to be doing.
The body is OK but the mind is playing games with me and my training. I think that I am going to have to change my routes and see if that makes a difference in my attitude.
I have been getting up at 6:00 am and it seems to be working out OK. I catch a nap in the morning at about 10:00 am to 11:30 am.on most days.
My nutrition is working out very good for me in my training. Just eating normal foods, nothing exotic. Drinking a lot of water on my runs. I drink 3 ounces every 15 to 20 minutes. I also am taking a tablet for electrolytes plus shot blocks every hour. I will have too be upping my calory intake as I do my 50 to 70 miles weeks in September.
This week I am feeling GREAT. My first two days were done without incident. My 10 miler Monday was done in 2 hours and 15 minutes. And today my 8 miler today was run in 96 minutes. 

Week total:
   Monday                  16
  Tuesday                     2
  Wednesday              rest
  Thursday                   4
  Friday                       10
  Saturday                     6
       Total                                 38

Total from June 1, to date                        338 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment