Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesday August 29, 2012

Since my last post I have done some track and field events.
Sunday I Pole Vaulted  7 feet, Long Jumped 9 ft. 10 inches, High Jumped 3 feet 6 inches, Standing Long Jump 5 feet 5 inches, 50 meters 8 plus ? hundreds of  seconds, 100 meters 18 plus ? hundreds of seconds.
On Monday I ran just 4.4 miles. Tuesday 2.0 and 5 miles on Thursday.
Rested Friday and Saturday for the Sunday events.
I was supposed to run 28 miles on Monday the 27th. I got up at 6:00 am to run but my mind rebelled I had started out with good purpose ??  I jogged for 15 minutes and walked for 5 minutes I did fairly well until about 4 miles and the effects of Sunday or my mind went South and I started walking a LOT. I struggled along and finally managed to run??? walk for 14.1 miles.  My time was 3 hours and 40 minutes. What a struggle.....
Tuesday I slept in because Shirley had her pool therapy at 11:30 am. This was my excuse for not getting up at 6:00 am and I am going to stick to it.
Anyway I ran in the afternoon. I started out at Carrie Blake Park at 3:55 pm. I ran 17.2 mile in 4 hours and 5 minutes. I ran 10 minutes and walked 5 minutes for the run. I felt good after the run and am back to normal today ? I did not run today, it is my rest day.
I will give my mileage total on Sunday of this week. September 2!!!

Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment