Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday July 29, 2012

I am having trouble with a virus. I don't know how or when it came to my computor but it came. I had to load an anti-virus on my hard drive to control it.

But on to my training.
I ran just 11 miles on Monday, July 23 and then 2 miles on Tuesday and  Wednesday mornings. I ran some intervals for the two days  and each evening I did several 3 and 4 step runups in pole vaulting for that event on Saturday. And nothing for the rest of the events.

Is there anyone else out there doing this kind of training???

The National Senior Games  (50 and up) for the state of Washington was held at the Tumwater High School Stadium. Olympia, WA.

I entered in 6 events. Pole Vault, High Jump, Long Jump, Standing Long Jump, 50 meters and 100 meters.
My long distance training did not seem to hinder my track events.

The results for my age division.  80 to 84 age division:
I am 79 but since my 80th birthday is in November they count the age as 80 for the year..

  Pole vault         7'
  Long Jump       10' 5.5"
  High Jump         3' 7" 
  Standing Long Jump    5' 8 1/4"
  100 Meter        19.86
  50  Meter           9.71

Not bad results from my long distance training and hardly none for the track events. I was very happy with the results, especially the Pole Vault height.

My weekly mileage for July 21 -28, 2012
     Monday 11
     Tuesday    2
     Tuesday    2
     Saturday track meet.
                                          Total           15 miles

Total for the month                              83 miles

Total  from June 1,  to date                 300 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment