Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday July 11, 2012
Another week has gone by. My oh my were does the time go.
I had a lot of fun this past week. Went to a fourth of July party, of course on the 4th. Then Pole vaulted Saturday morning. Then went to visit my granddaughter Melissa and Brion and the 3 great grandchildren. I wore myself out and am still trying to recover from all of the action.
I will try to send some pictures of the pole vaulting that Philip and I did on Saturday. I didn't do too bad considering that I practiced about a half a dozen 3 step drills before I vaulted.  I vaulted 6 ft. 1 inch. Philip did great. He won the masters set that I was in with him and about 10 other vaulters. I was the oldest vaulter there at the age of 79.  Philip vaulted 11 ft 1 inch.

                                    This is me clearing 6 ft. 1 inch

                                    This is Philip clearing11 ft. 1 inch

But back to my training for the 80 miler. I ran 2 miles on Monday, 4 miles on Tuesday and Wednesday 6 miles. On Friday I will run10 miles and Saturday 8.
I am starting to do some small increments of weight lifting, sit ups and pull ups to help my upper body strength.
Sooooo.....
   
                Continues until Saturday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment