Saturday, September 15, 2012

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 15, 2012
Another great week in the running for eighty saga.
I ran 30 miles last Monday. It was an out and back route. I left home at 7:15 am. It was cloudy and about 56 degrees. The wind was blowing about 5 to 8 miles per hour which made it a great day to go this distance. I ran out of water about 3 miles from home and had to beg some from a home along the route. The people were very kind to me and kept a watchful eye on me when they found out how far I had run. I think that they suspected a little bit of insanity. But I made it home without any further episodes.
My time for the run was 6 hours and 51 minutes and 50 seconds. I was very surprised at my time and how good I felt when I finished.
My good wife Shirley had hot soup and chocolate ready for me when I got home.
I ran 13 minutes and 36 seconds per mile. My marathon distance pace for this run was 5 hour and 59 minutes.
Every day of September has been clear and sunny with the temperature in the 70's. It has been a great month.
I was thinking about my training and the distances that I have been running and it is strange that now 1/2 marathon and even a marathon seem like a short distance.
My hard day last week was on Tuesday. I walked most of the time for the distance. It was a hard training day. But I felt good for the run on Thursday and decided to run 6 miles instead of running the 4 miles according to my schedule. I ran a little bit to hard for my 6 miles and paid for it the next morning for my 15 mile run. I ran out of gas my last 2 miles. And that is partly why I ran only 3.2 miles on Saturday.
I feel great about my total miles for the week. :)  :)

My daily total miles:
     Monday                              30.1
     Tuesday                               4.4 supposed to run 15  :(
     Wednesday                         rest day
     Thursday                               6.0
     Friday                                  15.6
     Saturday                                 3.2
                                                                        59.3

Total from June 1, 2012                                                      558.5

No comments:

Post a Comment