Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday September 1, 2012
Can anyone tell me where the month of August 2012 went???
HMMMMM.... Well back to my running.
As I said in my blog of last week I was fighting the demons of anti-running in my mind. Monday was a hard day and then Tuesday was not too bad but Friday was a bummer again and I did not run.
But I made up my mind that I would run 12 miles on Saturday and so..... I was up at 6:00 am and out on the road. I started out by walking for about a minute and then a slight jog for about a minute and then I began my 10 minutes jogging and 5 minutes of walking. I finished my run 12.2 miles in 2 hours and 50 minutes. I was happy with my effort.
      This is me putting on my attire at the Mallow Family Reunion!
Marylin is helping me. We had a scavenger hunt and I had to wear all the items that were on the scavenger hunt list.

The weather has been perfect for my morning runs. It was 49 degrees when I started Saturday morning. If it gets much colder I am going to have to wear a light pair of gloves. I guess that fall is coming soon so will have to get used to the colder weather.
Does anyone have any good ideas about always having a good mental attitude for grinding out long training runs back to back???? I know, besides not running long distance training runs...
Any next week is an easy week, 36 miles in total. I can use the rest because on Monday the 10th  I have a 30 mile training run!!!!!!

Mileage for the week:
      Monday                            14.2
      Tuesday                            17.3
      Wednesday rest day
      Thursday                             4.0
       Friday                                 0.0  :(        
       Saturday                            12.2

Total weekly mileage                                             44.7

Total to date from June 1, 2012                                              451.2          


No comments:

Post a Comment