Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday 22, September 2012
Well another week is in the past. I am still training for the big event. But it is wearing me down.
I ran 30.56 miles last Monday. It was hot, hot , hot my last 4 miles. I had to ask for water again about 4.5 miles from home. A guy was working on his hedge and he let me soak my head down and cool off and fill my water bottles up at his outside faucet and hose. I was still trying to maintain my 10 minute jog and 5 minute walk. But it was mostly walking the last three miles.
My time for the run was 7 hours and 15 minutes.
Tuesday was a 15 mile day but I didn't quite make that amount. I ran 10.6 miles in the afternoon and felt OK.
Then on Thursday I ran 6 miles. Felt great for the training run.
But Friday,,, I just did not feel like running one step..
So I cut and stacked wood for the winter for 5 hours in the afternoon. I think with that amount of time I got a good workout.
Then on Saturday I walked and jogged about 6 miles.
So all was not lost by not running.
The weather has been great. It gets warm in the afternoon but the mornings are OK.
TOTAL MILEAGE FORTHE WEEK
   Monday                    30.56
   Tuesday                    10.6
   Thursday                    6.0
   Saturday                     6.0
                                                       53.1
Total from June 1 to date
                                                                           611.6

No comments:

Post a Comment