Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Another day closer to the "run".
I should explain about the picture. If you had good eyes, like me, you could tell that the last person in the outside lane is yours truly. And that is me in the finals of the Senior National Meet in Standford University. I qualified in the 100m in eighth place (17.4 sec) and in the finals I was also eighth (18.04). Age group 75 to79 year old.
Today I was up at 7:00 am and went on my morning run with Philip. I am catching a lousy cold. But went out anyway. Airborne, hot tea and Aleve is the cure for me.
I measured the mileage to Port Angeles and it was about 40 miles round trip. Shirley has water therapy once a week in PA for her Fibromyalgia.
In this purposed route the run would be mostly on the North Olympic trail. It is a good surface trail. It also has a lot of access points so I could get aid. If Philip is agreeable. He always complains that giving aid to a runner harder than running.
I am planning to run my long distances on Saturdays. I will see how it works out.
It was misty today and humid. I wore too many clothes for 41 degrees and 98% humidity.
Still running!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment