Saturday, February 18, 2012

Thanks to Kim I will start to blog about my training to run eighty miles on my eightieth birthday. I official started on January 23, 2012 by getting up at 7:00 a.m. and running 1.8 miles. UGH,UGH,UGH. Can you tell that I not 'a get up early person.'
Anyway I have been getting up and running since then every morning at that ungodly hour. The distance has been from 1.8 to 3.4 to a long run on Saturday mornings. It has been 26 degrees a couple of times but not to bad for running. At least the wind has not blown for those cold mornings.
I have two long distance (for me), a 12 mile run last Saturday, Feb. 11 and a 15.6 mile run today. Feb. 18. 3 hours and 31 minutes. 13 minutes and 31 secs per mile. It was a hilly course and the wind was very cold in a couple of places but overall it was a good run. I have recovered this evening and feel great.  Pulse is down to 60 per minute. Not bad for an old geezer, but it looks like I should have put out a better effort. Oh, well it was just a training run.
Oh I forgot Philip is my running partner for the EARLY morning runs.
I am running the eighty miles on my eightieth birthday to raise funds for a local charity in Sequim, Washington.  

1 comment:

  1. Yay, it will be fun to read about your training for your epic run!

    ReplyDelete