Friday, March 23, 2012

Wow, 16 miles today. Three and 1/2 hours. Stayed in bed until 9:00 AM putting off my run. Bad head problems. But finally got up ate breakfast and was out running at 10:00 am. This is the most miles I have ran in 1 week for a long time. I am going to run only 4 miles tomorrow not ten. OK so I am a wimp :)  That will be 34 miles for my first week of training for my 80 miler in November.
An increase of about 18 miles a week over my weekly totals for the last two months.
My first mile was slow, slow, slow. But I kept slogging on and finally felt like running at mile 3. This is a hilly course with a long hill of 1.8 miles long. It comes at the 8 mile mark on the way back home. It is an out and back course.
The wind was blowing from the North at about 10 miles an hour. Short sleeved T-shirt and gloves. I did not take the gloves off the whole run. I ran the course in 13 minutes and 7 seconds per mile. Not a record but a good effort for me at this point in my training.
Several silly car drivers challenged me and I quickly let them have all of the road they wanted.
One thing about getting up at 7:00 am there is little traffic on the back roads at that time in the morning.
John Wayne Marina at the East end of the city of Sequim, WA.
This my pit stop at my 8 miles turn around. 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for getting your run in when you didn't feel like going. Great picture of the marina.

    ReplyDelete