Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday June 24, 2012
WOW Some wet, wet running this week.
I ran 4 miles on Monday with Philip. Great run. Warm morning, cloudy skies. My training is going OK. Hard to get started some mornings but all in all it is OK. I have been varying my routes to get away from the routes that I could run in my sleep.
My run Friday was on about 13 miles on part of the 80 mile route that I had not run before. It was good run and especially on some new ground.
I tried out my 15 minute run and 5 minute walk on Friday for my 20 miles. I ran 3 hours and 21 minutes and walked 1 hour. Hmm-mm, something is wrong with my marathon running. Why? I averaged 13 minutes per mile for the marathon and I averaged 13 minutes per mile for my 20 mile run by running 15 minutes and walking 5 minutes. OH, I checked the mileage on MAPMYRun.COM and according to their GPS  it was 19.94 miles. Close enough for 20 miles!!!

These are some of the people that I met on my run last Friday. It was kind-a-scary. These are my three great grandchildren dressed up for last year's Halloween. Ruby, Lora and Skylar.

I was just about hit by an RV driver on Old 101. He, the driver, was staring at me and drifted across the fog line. But he missed me by about two feet. You should have seen him swerve when he realized what he was doing.
Most of the run was just  HO-HUM until mile 16. This part of the road is narrow
and has NO shoulder. It has a 90 degree turn and a few less sharper ones. I was just past the 90 degree turn when a lady driving toward me at about 50 miles an hour, this is a 35 mile per hour road, saw what she was coming to and it looked like she froze at the wheel and had to slam on her brakes to avoid not crashing at the corner.
 And then just about 2 minutes later a car driven by, at least a 80 year old guy, was driving toward me And also at that time a car going in my direction was just about even with me. The driver in the car coming toward me closed his eyes and managed to slip between me and the other car and he went happily on his way.
And to make it interesting it rained hard for my last 5 miles. Not just a mist but an old fashioned rain storm.
 What an adventure for my 14th mile.
But I made it home safe and sound.


This is what it was like on Wednesday.

 And then on my 12 total mileage run on Saturday I started at Morse Creek and ran to the finish of the NODM in Port Angeles on the North Olympic Discovery Trail. It was 5 miles to the finish line of the marathon and then 5 miles back to the car. I had run 2 miles with Philip at 7:00 am. So it was later in the afternoon that I finished the rest of my 12 mile run. It was more of the cold rain and wind. When I got to the car I was soaked through and through.         Why is it that when I run into the wind one direction and then turn to retrace my route the wind is blowing against me instead of with me.???????? Oh, well it is an interesting phenomena.

 This is my mileage for the week of June 18 to the 24th.
4 miles on Monday
8 miles on Tuesday, very warm for a change
6 miles on Wednesday
rest day on Thursday
20 miles on Friday rain last hour of run
2 plus 10 miles on Saturday rain last hour of run
                                                                      Total      50  miles  :)

                                                       FINIS

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment