Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday June 30, 2012


Just completed my 52 mile week. Halalujah!!!! Halalujah!!!!!
Monday was a 4 mile day which I did with very little difficulty. Easy run, actually distance was 4.4 miles. Ran it with Philip.
Then Tuesday it was 8 miles. I have a flat course on the road that is out and back. No hills just a ho-hum route.
Wednesday was 6 miles for a three day total of 18 miles. The monster mind took over for a while but I managed to get through the mental fog. The body is willing but the mind is weak.
I stacked wood on Thursday and planted a row of Swiss Chard, Onions and carrots in the garden. The garden is complete for now. If all of the Zucchini, cucumbers and squash grow it will be another jungle out there again!!!!!
I took some pictures of the yard and garden this week so you can see what is coming up so far. Flowers, garden, weeds and all!!! :)

This picture was taken on June 15, 2012
This picture was taken June 30, 2012.
This is my corn!!! I know it is not very tall but this was taken a week ago.
more flowers
and more flowers


And this is not a pictures of the garden but a picture of my head two weeks after I tripped myself while running. The pavement is very hard, but so is my head. Not too much damage to my head or the road. !!!!!!!

Now back to my running. 22 miles on Friday.
I had a book club reading meeting at 9:00 am Friday morning so I got up 5:30 am and ran 12 miles before the meeting then after the meeting I ran remaining 10 miles 
It was in the 70's when I started the 10 mile portion of the run. I did not notice the heat too much until I was home and took a wade in the ocean across the road from our house and then about 2 hours later my legs cramped up and I had to take a hot bath and then ice on them before I could get some relief.
But today I was up at 7:00 am and ran the 12 miles for my 52 miles for the week. I ran the 12 miles in 2 hours and 40 minutes. I am still doing my 15 minutes of running and 5 minutes walking for any distance over ten miles. This schedule is working out well for me. :)  :)
MILEAGE:
  Monday       4 miles
  Tuesday       8 miles
  Wednesday  6 miles
  Thursday      -0-               always a rest day
  Friday         22 miles
  Saturday      12 miles
  Sunday            -0-            always a rest day  
                                        Total                                52 miles

WEEKLY TOTALS FOR JUNE
    June  4- 9 Recovery from the June 3 Marathon  15 Miles
    June 11-16                                                          32 Miles
    June  18-23                                                         50 Miles
    June  25-30                                                         52 Miles 
                         Total Miles for June                               149 Miles
                                   
                                           FINIS
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment