Monday, October 22, 2012

MONDAY OCTOBER 22, 2012

My cold has not left and I am still feeling the effects on it in my running. I was thinking about how life is so much like long distance training and running. On short runs the body can get by with the distance because it does not put any pressure on  it from the shorter effort. And so it is with life. Do only what is required and one can get by. Life goes on and it is OK.
But put a little more distance in say like 30 mile run once in a while and one finds out in a hurry that there is more to running than just a little effort and that is all there is to it. And also in life if we put ourselves out for much more effort it also will take a bit more energy and planning for the work that is involved. Whether it is manual labor or serving others we find out in a hurry what our security level is!!
So, back to running.
I ran 30 miles last Monday in 6 hours and 55 minutes. I think that I put out too much effort for the training run and paid for it. Same in life, I think we call it burn out. I did not run again until Thursday. It was a 4 mile day and I did OK again until the next day and my cold and the training caught up with me and I ran only 2 miles on Saturday.
My total for the week:
Monday                    30.26 miles
Thursday                      4.4 miles
Saturday                       2.0 miles
                                                                            36.0

Total since June 1, 2012                                                                    778.25

No comments:

Post a Comment