Saturday, October 13, 2012

SATURDAY OCTOBER 13, 2102

Well, we finally got some rain!!!!!! But so far it has not hindered my running.
I have not been getting up at 7:00 a.m. because it is getting colder in the mornings and also I am a wimp.

                                 The dogs were Tired after my run also.
My Monday morning 30 mile runs have been pretty steady. I have run 4 of these long distance runs. This last Monday I ran 15.4 miles and then on Wednesday I ran 30.5 miles. Then Friday was a 12 mile day. But the running caught up in my mind and body. Saturday was going to be a 6 mile day but I ended up walking only 2.5 miles. Oh well, 2 days of rest and then on Monday a 30 miler.
It is interesting how I have a developed a 10 minute run and 5 minute walking routine. My mind/body has accepted this pattern and I am now very comfortable in it.
When I am out running for about two hours I just shift into this natural feeling or schedule and just continue on in my routine.
I struggled a couple of times in my 30 mile run. Once at about mile 12 and 13 I had to walk a ways and get my composure back again and then it hit me again at about mile 23. It is hard too get through those moments but I just kept on and on until I could run my 10 minute run again.
This particular 30 mile loop is a hilly course and it seems that it takes some out of me for a while. This is the first part of my 80 run also.  :)    :)
Shirley has been very helpful in making sure that I am getting the right amount of
nutrition. In fact she goes out of her way to make sure of this. She is a wonderful wife, and companion.
On my last run I saw three dead snakes on the road and two flattened out birds, and at least a half a dozen dead slugs. Oh, and a couple of live deer watching me and saying to themselves , "There he goes again. What a handsome and bright fellow!"
Well it is time to stop this.
Daily runs:
      Monday                  15.4
     Wednesday             30.5
     Friday                     12.0
     Saturday                   2.5
Total                                              60.4

Total miles since June 1, 2012                                        744.25

No comments:

Post a Comment