Tuesday, October 2, 2012

OCTOBER 2, 2012
Another long week of running.
I ran 30.01 miles on Monday
12 on Tuesday
4 on Thursday
11.2 on Friday
6.04 on Saturday
for a total of          63.25

You noticed that I have counted down to the tenths and 100 rds in my mileage. It is getting to be a long grind. But I am hanging in there.

I did not run today on Oct,. 2 because I am coming down with a cold and have decided not to run until Thursday.
I ran my 30 miles in 7 hours and 19 minutes. I am staying at about 4 and 1/4 miles per hour. This is a little too fast for the 80 mile run so when I do run the 80 I will try to stay at 3.75 to 4.0 miles per hour.
I am now running for 10 minutes and walking 5 five minutes. At this pace I can average 4.25 miles per hour.
I have made up my mind on the routes. I will run a loop route of 30 miles and then a out 15 miles and back 15 miles= 60 miles. Then out 10 miles and 10 back for a total of 80!!!!!!!!
The count down is now 43 days until November 14.
Then it will be starting at 9:00 am

NOW NEWS OF THE RUN OF THE YEAR.   By sport writer CTM
At precisely 8:19.36 am on September 30, Kim Henrie started her Centennial Trail Marathon.
I started my reporting of her progress at about 16 miles. She was running along at her usual pace and was looking great!!!
I stayed with her for several minutes and she was in good spirits but tired from running up a gradual grade for  three miles to the turn around at 13.1 miles. It was a sunny warm day. She was eating and drinking thanks to her aid person husband Dick.  I did have a chance too see her again until about mile 24. Then,,,

This is time when most people who are in a race dread. It is called, "HITTING THE WALL". Or another term is, "BONKING". It all adds up to feeling like the world is closing around you. Please don't feel sorry for me or try to cheer me up. This is the time when you are just in yourself and please leave me alone!!!!!
And you fell like you just cannot go another step. But, but somehow you still keep going on and on and on regardless of the feeling. And then joy upon joy.....

AND SOON THE END!!!!
Kim, you did a great job for you marathon.

Now back to my training.
The total miles for the week
                                                                  63.25

Total from June 1, 2012                                                684.25                                  



1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dad, yes I did bonk a bit didn't I, funny to see the little conference going on behind me in the picture you posted. I think that was where I no longer wanted to talk anymore to anyone. as you said. Well put! Important to point out as well - just because a person bonks it doesn't mean they really don't want the people on the course to be there or to cheer and be supportive it just means that the person bonking has no more energy to respond. It's all about focus, focus! You guys were in all the right places at the right times and really did help boost me towards being able to finish. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete