Monday, March 12, 2012

Hello everyone. Another good day. The wind was blowing at 30 to 40 miles per hour this morning about it was 40 degrees. I don't like  this kind of weather to run in so stayed home. My only excuse is that it is still early in the year for my training. But that kind of thinking will stop soon.
I found a site that has a good training schedule for a one hundred mile run. I am going to try it with some modifications. Not less training but just on different days. I like to do my long runs on Friday and Saturday and take Sunday off. The training schedule starts out with 40 mile weeks with 2 long runs. One on Friday 15 miles and one on Saturday 10 miles. That schedule is great for me. :)
I got a little bit of pole vaulting in today for about 1 hour. Cold day again with the wind. But miracle of miracles it was not windy at the track. YEAAA
The unknown of the 80 mile run is still in the back of mind. I know that I can do it but the unknown is still there niggling around. With a little more time for training I will be OK. That is a matter of opinion.
Continued!!!! tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment