Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday afternoon and time to write again about my grand adventure. I have been down the last couple of weeks and finally figured out that it was because I have also been doing about 2 hours of pole vaulting on wednesday and thursday evenings. I walked last friday morning. Just felt tired, tired so just decided to walk about 1 mile. :(  Saturday morning March 10 I slept in and then I went to Any Time Fitness and walked on the treadmill for 1 hour. Distance was 3.6 miles. Good work out.
Jason, I envy you, with all your trails. I guess that I could do that also. There are a lot of trails that I could run on but no one to go with me. I could go on my own but everybody tells me no don't do that.
So, I have decided to run by the hour instead of time or distance. One hour a day this next week and then 1  and 1/2 hours on Saturday. I will do this until the end of March and then up the time to 1 and 1/2 hours per day and then 2 and 1/2 hours on Saturday. I will modify this plan as time goes by. I may just run 1/2 hour every other day at first to see how I do.
And also my plan is to take some time off from the longer times to let my body heal.
I have been reading about ultramarathon training. For a 50 mile race it seems that there is not too much long distance training.
Oh well, we will see.
Keep running

2 comments:

  1. In my opinion...you should do what you want to do. If you want to run trails to mix it up then run trails! If you don't then don't. I have a feeling that if you pick out some easier ones you will LOVE IT and do just fine! The next time I'm in Washington I will make it a point to run some trails with you if you want. Happy training!

    P.S. There were multiple guys in their 70's that ran at Leadville 100 last year. I'm pretty sure they logged some serious miles by themselves on trails and it looked like they lived to tell the tale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jason, I agree. When the snow is melted a little more in the high country.Remember we call anything above 4000 ft high country!!!
    Thanks for the encouragement.
    Up in the morning, UGH, daylight savings time, 6:30 p.m.

    ReplyDelete