Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5, 2012
Up again at 6:30 am for my morning run. Still on jury duty. Should be over by Wednesday.
Still running short distances trying to build up my stamina or endurance.
It was a beautiful morning, still and cloudy with the temperature at 40 degrees. I just stepped on the front porch when I got home and it began to downpour!!!!Also with winds about 20-30miles per hour..
We were supposed to get some snow at the 500 ft level......
I have my route picked out. The first leg will be 30 miles out and back. For those who know the territory, 'you gotta know the territory!' I will leave home on Jamestown Rd and run on the back roads to West Sequim Bay Rd then to hgwy 101 , then turn left on the Discovery Trail to the LongHouse store and out on the East Sequim Bay Rd to Burlne Rd. Which will be 15 miles then retrace the route back home on Jamestown Rd.
My mileage for the month of February was 69 miles. With my longest run of 15.6 miles.
The second  part of the run will be 50 miles. I will also start from home. The first part of the run will be the same route on West Sequim Bay Rd but I will turn on Keeler Rd to the Discoveery Trail. Then turn right or West on the trail to Blake Rd to Fir St. to Sequim Dungeness to Anderson Rd to Kitchen/Dick Rd and then ,Whew I am tired all ready. Turn left on Old 101 to Heath Rd. then to Discovery Trail toward Port Angeles to my measurement of 25 miles. Then turn around and head home :)  If my calculation is right that should be 80 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment