Saturday, April 7, 2012

April 6, Friday 20 mile run.
I ran my twenty mile yesterday in 4 hours and 30 minutes. It was a good run. I didn't start running until 10:00 am. I was supposed to get up at 7 am and start my run. But my mind was playing tricks on me again telling me that I could not run that distance.
But I finally got out on the road and started to jog along, slowly, slowly.
After my first mile I felt OK and just settled in for a long run. I have decided to drink every 20 minutes on the run.
I bought a bottle belt (??? that is what I call it) that has four , six once bottles on it. Also it has two zipper pouches plus two pockets for Gu.
I have a pit stop at John Wayne Marina, (See picture in earlier blog)  and I stopped there to fill my water bottles on the way out to the turn around and also on the way back from the turn around. It is at mile 8 on the route to the turn around and at 12 miles on the way back home.
I did OK until  mile 16 and then I hit the wall. I walked a little bit on the level part of the road and up a steep incline on the road for about 1/4 mile. While I was walking I began to think about some of the quotes that I had read about running and one that came to my mind was, DETERMINATION. So, I thought to myself, I will be determined and start running at the top of the hill and run the 3.5 miles home. It was a difficult hard decision to start running but I did and I found out it was not that bad to keep up about a 12.5 or 13.0 minute pace  per mile. So I kept up that until I was at home.
    This how I felt after my 20 mile run Friday and my 6.2 mile run today!!!!

Now, Saturday, April 7 was another day.!!!!!!!!
 I finally made myself go out the door and start running my 10 mile run on Saturday.
It was 10 am again. I thought to myself I will just run to Jake Hall Rd which is about 1/3 of a mile and turn around and go back home. But as I ran that distance I felt OK and decided to run to the end of Jamestown Rd. 1.4 miles. When I ran that part I decided to go ahead and run for at least five miles.
I ended up running 6.2 miles of my ten miles that I was supposed to run today and I felt good after the run. Tired but no sore muscles.
I ran the distance in 1 hour and 18 minutes with about 10 minutes of walking while  I took time out to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment