Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday, April 29. 2012
Ran 5.8 miles on Friday morning. I am reducing my training for the Bloomsday Race on May 6. I ran only 2 miles on Saturday. It has been a long month. I reduced my running to rest a little. I will run 4 miles on Monday and then just a couple of miles a day for the rest of the week just to keep the jitters or nerves down a little. You would think that as many races I have run and being an old geezer I would be over the nerves bit. But nerves are still there.
I was grounded again!!!!!! 79 years old and still being grounded. Shirley told me that I could not do anything Saturday afternoon until the deck was cleaned off. I didn't blame her I must admit that it was beginning  too look like a dump. So I cleaned it in the afternoon and now it looks and is usable again.
I hope to have a good time for the Bloomsday with all of the increased training that I have done. My fastest time for the past Bloomsday Race has been 1 hour and 18 minutes for the 7.47 miles or 12K. I believe that is the right distance in miles for 12K.
God bless us all.

This is the deck when it is clean. That is Bruce and Phil discussing the problems of the world!!!
                                Finis

No comments:

Post a Comment