Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday April 20, 2012
Started my 20 mile run at 8:20 am.
Phil and Rosaura ran with me for the first mile then went back home. The whimps!!! But there is a reason for the short run for them, especially for Rosaura. She is trying to get back in shape again after a long layoff. She is doing a great job. Phil, Rosaura and I are going to run in the Bloomsday 12K run in Spokane on May 6.
It was 41 degrees when I began the training run. It is amazing how the wind can blow in my face the first ten miles but when I turn around it is blowing in my face on the way back home. I believe that the wind is out to get me.
I finished the 20 miles in 4 hours and 22 minutes.
 Yahoo!!! I didn't walk on the course today except for two short steep hills. :) But I began to feel the distance at mile 19. But finished it in grand style. Or I should say my survival shuffle.
I did my two usual pit stops at John Wayne Marina.
I saw a Bald Eagle on a telephone pole at about mile17. He didn't seem to be very interested in me. When I asked him what he was doing he would not answer me. Rude bird!!!!!!
The picture below is the route on my 20 mile run. Going out it is about 3.3 miles from home on the Port Williams Rd. That is Mt Baker in the back ground. During the winter there is usually Trumpeter Swans in the field in the foreground.

                     There is at least five adult Swans in the above picture. The first picture was taken with the telephoto cranked all the way up. The second picture was taken at the normal settings. Mt Baker is that little white thing in the background.
After my run with Phil and Rosaura we went out for lunch at the Old Mill Inn. The Inn has items on its walls from the Barton Sawmill. The Barton Sawmill is no longer in existence. The mill was located in a little town called Carlsborg. Carlsborg is about five miles West of Sequim. It was one of the largest mills in the Northwest. It is a very interesting restaurant with a lot of memorabilia from the old mill and other items from people in the area. The food was excellent too. Tomorrow is a 12 mile run. SHUDDER, SHUDDER!!!!!! 32 miles in two days!!!
Oh well I will let you know how I do tomorrow evening.
                                                        FINIS
P.S. Shirley does a great job getting me aid when I get home. She is a good wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment