Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28 Monday 2012
Ran the Port Angeles Memorial Day 10 K fun run today. I ran my fastest time for this 10K course in a long time. 64 minutes and 48 seconds. That is 10 minutes and 27 seconds per mile. It was 50 to 55 degrees when we started. A little sprinkle and wind blowing in our faces at the 3.1 turn around. The director just gave awards to 51 years and up. :( :( . I missed placing by 2 minutes and 20 seconds.
It was a great day. Met some of my friends at the race. Several people from church ran today also. It was a low mileage for last week. I ran 25 miles for the week.
This will be another low mileage week in prep for the Marathon next Sunday.
Then I will take it easy for the next week and then back to the ultra long distance training schedule again. 5 months until the 80 mile  run on my birthday run.
I am feeling great so far. Knock on wood, ouch!!!!!!! No aches nor pains.
The weather has cooled down considerable. It was in the high 70 to low 80's for a few days last week and now it is in the 50'. Oh well that is weather in the Northwest!!!

My son Bruce and I making home made ice cream at his home.  Sept., 2011

                                               FINIS

                       

No comments:

Post a Comment