Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wednesday May 23, 2012
"Rain drops keep falling on my head"........... Yes it was a very rainy day today. At mile 12, 13 and 14 it rained cats and dogs. I had to kick them out of the way as I ran. :)

I didn't mean to put this yellow headed blackbird here but here it will stay. I was thinking that with all the rain it will be good to see blue skies again!!! I took this picture last year. He hasn't shown up this year.

Well, not quite, but it did rain hard. It was sprinkling at 7:00 am when we started.
Phil ran with me to about mile two then went off on his own run. I ran on part of the Discovery Trail that was new to me. It was a good section to run on. Out of the traffic and secluded and quiet. A lot of Rhody's blooming along the road and trail this morning.
I walked a lot on the last 3 miles of the 18 mile run. Cold and wet.
Meet Philip at the Long House in Blyn at 11:00 am. I waited in the Long House for my ride and the clerk gave me a cup of coffee. I think she thought that I was homeless. No, I told her my son was going to pick me up and that I couldn't buy anything until he came with some money. SOOOO, she said, "You don't need any money, come over to the coffee stand and I will give you a cup of hot coffee for free!" God takes care of the simple little ones. :)
It was a good training run. I came home to a cold bath for my aches and pains and then glorious hot water! Life is GOOD!
Shirley is a very good wife.
Let's see, I ran 7.47 miles on Sunday, 2 miles on Monday, 6 miles on Tuesday and 18 miles today.
Total so far in the last 4 days=33.47 miles. Excellent training so far for my 80 mile run and also for the marathon on June 3.

Daughter Kim's beautiful Iris. 

                                              FINIS

No comments:

Post a Comment